How did you learn about the Big Sky Retreat?
Studies show that word-of-mouth advertising is the most effective form of sharing information, far surpassing expensive television and radio ads! Although we advertise in spiritual publications and websites, we have found that most of our attendees learned about the Big Sky Retreat from someone who has attended and had a great experience.
Because we understand this, the Big Sky Retreat Board is offering you a substantial reward for doing something that is easy and natural to do. Tell people about your wonderful Big Sky Retreat experience and invite them to come!
We call it the Ambassador Program.
Once you have attended the Big Sky Retreat (or its predecessor the Grand Teton Retreat), you are eligible to be an Ambassador.
Here’s how it works:
If you bring two new people who have never attended the Retreat before and they pay the Early or Full Registration fee, you will receive a full rebate of your Registration fee when you arrive at the Retreat. Be sure they put your name in the ‘Referred By’ field on their registration form.
Just think — the Big Sky Retreat for FREE! All you need is your enthusiasm and the desire to share something with others that has been a blessing in your life. You already have that!
That’s it! No other requirements. No forms to fill out. No membership fees.
Here’s what other Ambassadors have to say:
I am so grateful for the Big Sky Retreat. My first retreat was in 2001. That year it helped me get through the events that followed the Retreat. Everyone I have invited to the Big Sky Retreat has loved it, and they too are now repeat attendees. The messages and messengers, music and friendship keep me coming back.
– Mary Cordell
It is easy to invite people because I enjoy the retreat so much. I expect to have at least two new people with me this year. My two favorite things – the music and the mountains.
– Rev. Carolyn Harvill
The Big Sky Retreat for me is like a big box of chocolates – too much and too good to keep to myself! As I have invited friends to join me at the retreat I have watched with delight as they have been caught up in the magic of the mountain and the powerful experience of being with kindred souls. BSR is a unique resource for renewal and remembering our oneness. Being an Ambassador is easy to do, sort of like showing pictures of those you love – I just can’t help myself!
– Gail Courville (Ambassador for 3 years prior to becoming a Board member)
I KNEW the minute I walked into the Welcome Reception at Registration that I was home. It just got better from there! That was in 1992. Coming back every year is like a fun trip home to be with my family – the ones I can relate to!
– Barbara Resendez (Ambassador for 6 years prior to becoming a Board member)
Tips from Ambassadors:
- Ask your friends what they’re doing next Labor Day holiday.
- At church or other events, ask others what they do for their spiritual renewal.
- Inject into your conversations what you learned or experienced at a Big Sky Retreat.
- Tell someone about a new friend you made at the Retreat.
- Carry rack cards in your car, purse, or briefcase that have a sticker with your name and phone number to pass on to those who are interested.
- Offer to host an information table at your church.
- Ask like-minded businesses and events if you may post a flyer or leave rack cards. Be sure to add your name with a local phone number for them to call.
- Post the Retreat ads on your Facebook page, website, newsletter, blog, or in your emails.
- Make a list of people you have told about the Retreat so you can follow up.
- If you know someone you spoke to who will be registering, let the Registrar know so your name is linked to the referral.
2018 Advertising & Support Material
To support you in your efforts, we have provided our digital and print advertising pieces here for your use. All ads have slight variations in design and content.
Some digital ads are submitted at 2x the actual size for better display on the newer ultra-high definition monitors. These ads are noted by -HD * after the size.
(SOM means the ad originally appeared in a publication of Science of Mind Magazine.)
NOTE: Ads may not be modified without written permission from the Big Sky Retreat Executive Director.
Digital Ads (px x px)
Select the ad you want, and on the following tab, right-click on the ad and “Save As…”
- Banner – 525×90-HD *
- Banner – 872×190
- Facebook – 2550×2100
- Facebook – Minister’s discount – 2550×2100
- Newsletter/SOM – 160×360
- Website/SOM – 300×250
- Website/SOM – 300×250-HD *
Print Ads (width x height in inches)
- Flyer – 8.5×11 (2 per sheet)
- Magazine/SOM – 5.25×7.75
- Magazine/Unity – 3.3295×4.4063
- Magazine/UFBL – 4×6.375
- Poster – 18×24
Information Table Kit
All the printed materials you will need to host a professional looking Information Table are provided here.
Choose the ones that fit your needs and the space provided for your display.
- Additional Speakers Flyer
- Check List for Event
- Key Note Flyer
- Flyer or Poster (see Print Ads, above)
- Lodging Flyer
- Lodge Pricing Flyer
- Musician Flyer
- Rack Cards (request from Registrar)
- Recommendations Flyer
- Referral Sticker Template
- Registration Pricing Flyer
- Sign Up & Event Report
- ENTIRE Information Table Kit (zip file)
Thank you for being an Ambassador for the Big Sky Retreat and spreading the word.
We appreciate you!